CBSE English Class VII | Sample Paper -1 |
Time: 3 hour
Subject- English M.M.-80
All questions are compulsory.
- Write the meaning of these words: 2
Oration, smog, plenty, mauve
- Answer the following Question.[any six] 12
- Who was the man waiting for and why?
- How did griffin escape from the London store?
- Describe Mowgli in your own words.
- What did the nightingale want to do with the worm?
- What does a curtain raiser do in a cultural programe?
- Why was teacher doubtful about Meena’s participation in a play?
- Why were the two boys in London surprised?
- Tick the right option: 4
- Bob was …..
- A businessman b- criminal c- A cloth merchant
- The swallow dropped on the table beside the woman ‘s hand
- A great golden feather
- A lovely diamond c- the great ruby
- “The gires froze” froze here means that the girls-
- Felt cool
- Were afraid c- Stopped
- The air was bitterly cold and he could not do-
- Without clothes
- Without dress c- Without money
- Complete the following. 4
- The whole day long nightingale …………
- Let me call them to come …………. with me.
- A fresh __________ appeared from nowhere.
- I can see a young man in a ________ attic.
- State whether the given statement is true or false: 4
- Meenu stood up saliently in the classroom.
- In the final encounter one of them was Salim khan and the other Hussain.
- Bob recognized Jimmy as soon as he saw him.
- Griffin’s landlord liked him.
- Who said the following statement: 4
- I am going to the house of death-
- Ah! My friend and countryman-
- You know the Turkish language.
- What do you do? You ask what you can do
- Write the antonyms of the following. 2
Criminal, Companion, wisdom, descended
- Name the following. 4
- Name the precious stone in the eyes of the happy prince___
- Name the precious stone in the handle of the sword______
- Name the place where the swallow was going_____
- Name the article that the little girl was selling______
- Match the words: 4
- Escape [a] to act upon
- Affect [b] angry
- Furious [c] chance
- Opportunity [d] to avoid